Saturday, July 28, 2012

The calm AFTER the storm

Well it's been a long past couple of weeks! The good news is that I'm virtually pain free and things at NLE have changed significantly.

Nobody can really prepare for when something like this happens but it's great that I've received the amazing out pour of support from everyone!
I can't thank everyone enough for all they have done. My owners, clients, colleagues, friends, family and people I barely know have been so supportive and it's truly flattering and a humbling feeling.

So as I heal I find myself with an entirely different plan than I ever expected.

With my sudden change in plans Makenna Shea and Kelly Loria will be joining forces with NLE and helping me ride everyday. Amy Fox is still the head honcho and she really has developed into a great rider and barn manager. I have a feeling she will appreciate the extra help! ;) Although Amy's time is not entirely permanent she is committed to staying with us until I get back on my feet which will help keep NLE running smoothly.

I expect its not going to be an easy transition to transform from horse rider/trainer to solely coach/instructor.....however I have to thank everyone who has stepped up to the plate! Work is harder and responsibilities are more strenuous and seeing everyone step up to the challenge has been rewarding for me and I hope it will be rewarding for everyone else. They will get taught nearly everyday on every horse and I am looking forward to watching everyone improve.

I now have a permanent cast on my leg. The plan right now is that I will be wearing my cast for the next 6 weeks and then re-evaluating my plan for the fall.

As always, I'm overly optimistic and have a great rehab plan to get myself 100% in record time.

So with that said........... I'm really really really having a hard time with the fact that I can't ride. It's effected me and hit me harder than I thought (tears in my eyes) it really gives me an appreciation for doing what I love.

However, I mustn't focus on those details.....and just focus on healing and keeping my horses going the best they can with the wonderful resources I have.

With that said, it's onward and upward and I can see that small little light at the end of the tunnel.

Keep kicking and lets go TEAM USA!!!
T

No comments:

Post a Comment