Monday, July 16, 2012

Still determined!!!

I want to start this blog out with a very positive outlook......The event at Rebecca Farm was a huge success for NLE and everyone is better for their experience no matter what the outcome....and that does include me.

It is unfortunate that my leg is broken but things happen for a reason and I'm looking at the positive that came out of this weekend.

I was leading the 2* with Krystie Bush's horse Top Secret, affectionally known as Sai. He had a great dressage test and a double clear cross country round. Jumped around like a champion! Being in first after dressage was such a huge accomplishment for all of us. It really was a huge accomplishment as well as knowing we have a super horse that ate up the cross country!
Boomerang was brave and such a good boy. I was thrilled with him as well as Fleeceworks Cinco and Irish Blend in the USEA Young Event Horse.
Cinco won and Peanut was 3rd. The weekend was going great! All of my horses were in the top 5 going into show jumping.

Everyone that was riding this weekend from NLE was super and I was really thrilled with everyone's progress.

Brigit Rossbach rode around the 1* course like a seasoned professional! I was so proud of her and all of her hard work.

Alex Cline came back from a fall at her last event and rode smart and got her mare around a challenging course finishing as the top Irish Horse for the weekend.

Kelly Loria was able to conquer some challenges she has been having with her horse and made huge steps to improving their partnership!

Erin Hoffman had a stellar weekend with her lovely horse we call, the "Pineapple". They came so far in such a short amount of time! From training to a 1* and consistently improving at every show.

Kevin Baumgardner gets the award for the weekend for the most improved without any practice. He and Jeff looked fantastic and anyone that watched them could see their progress.

Val Ferraro was awesome and galloped around with 3 solid performances. Watch out for her in the future shes on a mission!!

Joseph Buckley rode amazing all weekend and I think is probably getting very close to moving up to Training level. They have improved so much!

Nicole Mussell gets the worst luck for the weekend.....her horse Mike ended up coming all the way to Rebecca Farm to compete in the Training Level 3 Day and ended up with an abscess, which caused tremendous heal pain and they had to withdrawal after the first jog.

Some people might wonder why we all do "Eventing". But the biggest reason is because not only is the sport challenging....we have the best people around!

I can't tell you all the support I've received. Everyone from friends I barely know on Facebook to truly good friends picking up the phone and offering to help me ride while I'm down.

So as I sit here on pain meds......and anyone who knows me knows I'm not good on anything besides caffeine and candy, I just would like to say a few thank you's!!!

Thank you to the Rebecca Broussard Grant Committee as well as Becky Broussard for her vision of bringing depth into the US International scene and allowing me to receive a travel grant as well as be eligible for "The Big Becky Grant". Thank you Mr. Jerome and Sarah Broussard for keeping Becky's vision alive and allowing riders like myself to have the chance to get the leg up we need to complete our education and help fill in the gaps to making us better candidates for Team USA!

Thank you to all of my close friends who are also my clients but really make my job of teaching, coaching, coordinating and training worth while. I'm really fortunate to have each of you apart of Team NLE!

Thank you to my husband Dave, Tyler and Lana B for being the best support system ever.

Thank you to all of my friends and family that reached out when they heard I was injured and everyone who is routing for me. It means the world.

Thank you to Alyssa Debrotin for stepping up to the plate and being a rockstar all weekend! You are the best head groom there is out there!

Thank you to John Camlin and his crew for stepping in and helping me while I was trapped in the hospital. John was there and coached all of my students as well as his own on Sunday never missing a beat!

And a huge thank you to Craig & Kelly Meuchel for opening their house to me and Brynn and Ashlynn for taking such great care of me. It's been an easy process thus far getting used to laying down with my feet up.

I am on to Plan E now....overly optimistic and never going to give up. I'm in this for the long haul and although my plans are changing I still have my eye on the prize!

Thank you all once again!




3 comments:

  1. Heal up fast! Can't wait to see you out on course asap.

    Denise Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tami. I am so sorry this happened! Heal well let your body do what it needs to heal. See you at the barn....!
    Hugs and kisses
    Lisa Bradley

    ReplyDelete