Saturday, April 19, 2014

Team Milton Update....

Twin Rivers was another success. Milton had a very nice dressage test and a beautiful show jumping round. 
I was leading going into cross country by 6 points, but knew that Milton wasn't quite ready to go for the time just yet. 
The speed is in him and the jumps he understands but putting it all together is a bit premature right now. 
I have many places to improve on the dressage so I'm pleased that we have more work to do. 
My plan is to work on our galloping and take him to the CIC2* at Greenwood in Texas in a few weeks and then to look at entering the CCI2* at Rebecca Farm this summer should his progress continue to grow. I still can't believe every time I go out of the start box and we gallop through the finish flags how incredibly lucky I am to be sitting on him!!
We have been in dressage boot camp with Niki and we also went to Thermal this winter to improve on our show jumping. He is very suspicious of liver pools so we work on walking over them daily to teach him that he can trust me and liver pools are ok!
Monday we will be going to the beach to take the 1* and above horses to gallop to see how their fitness is for their respective level. Most of the horses have been swimming this winter due to the lack of rain and the ground is very hard. 
Milton is up to 14 laps with ease. 
In comparison Landioso will be competing at the CCI3* this spring and he is swimming 30 laps. 
Impressive!!! 
I hope you all are doing well! Milton and I have been working hard to be very prepared for Rebecca Farms CCI2* and Greenwood's CIC2* in a few weeks. 
I will continue to keep you all posted and thank you again for believing in the Milkshake!! 
He's quite a special creature and deserves a huge spotlight!! 

Til next time......

Tamie & Milton


No comments:

Post a Comment