Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Team Milton Syndicate



It's been quite the journey with this quirky gentle giant and the journey really seems to have just begun. 
I knew when I saw his eye that he was intelligent and very suspicious. What I didn't know is that a horse and I could fall in love the way we have. He looks at me with the most affectionate and soft look but when I put my foot in the stirrup he is fierce and ready for any challenge. My faith in him has really become strong and I am so excited for his future. 
Each of you have been instrumental in my success with Milton and I thank you for your continued support. You each took a leap of faith and it's starting to turn into an exciting and rewarding process. 
So my deepest thanks go out to each of you for your generosity with keeping Milton and I on track for a bright future. 
He started out the season with an amazing accomplishment by scoring a 31.2 in the CIC1* at Fresno Horse Park. Having him finish on his dressage score was just icing on the cake and winning the division with a 20 point lead. I decided with that great of a performance it must be time to move him up to Intermediate. 
This past weekend at Galway Downs Milton exceeded my expectations and was very solid in his performance. He show jumped clean and jumped around a difficult Intermediate cross country course.
I'm trilled with his performance and looking to compete at Twin Rivers in a few weeks. 
If he is solid there I will take him along with Katie & Kaylawna to the CIC at Greenwood in Texas with the goal to compete in the CCI at Rebecca Farm this summer. 
Plans are never written in stone as we all know and if you had asked me if I would be doing the Intermediate this time last year I would have laughed at you. But I'm happy to say Milton is in good health....knock on wood, and our partnership is more solid every day! 
Thank you all again for all you do for Milkshake and me.......we are very blessed to have you all a part of our journey!!

Go Team Milton!

xo T

No comments:

Post a Comment