Friday, June 29, 2012

Let the adventure begin!

It is Friday afternoon at the Smith house and everyone at NLE is exhausted.....including me. Usually I'm the energizer bunny and keep going and going, but it has finally happened and I've hit a wall. That's ok though because we have delayed our trip by a few hours to get caught up on some sleep and to do some last minute errands.

We leave for Twin Rivers Young Event Horse competition and One-Day and I'm really excited to see how Peanut (the baby from Miss Congeniality) is going to do. She's such a nice horse......she has all the qualities of her mother and none of the hinderances....and I say that with all the affection in the world! Anyone who knows the Green Bean knows what I'm talking about! With that said I am enjoying producing this mare and can't wait for everyone to meet her!

So we are loading 11 horses today and heading North to Twin Rivers. We will stay over and compete tomorrow, have one last look over with our veterinarian Dr. Emily Sandler and off to Caber Farm.

We have already had some chaos happen with Val Ferraro's truck transmission blowing up. I said to Val the silver lining is that she is still home and not stranded on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere! Thank god for that, especially because James and Taren Atkinson will not be following behind us on our journey so so saving the day from Team Fleeceworks this time!
Val, Cheryl and Nicole will be behind a day or so but soon to catch up to us.

I received news that I received some help for travel from the Rebecca Broussard Travel Grant and I am very grateful to be apart of this program. The Broussard's have been so innovative with this program and their support has stepped up the future of our sport. I'm excited to eligible for the International Grant as well and I'm looking forward to seeing how this grant helps give me the leg up I need to make it to that next level.

So here's to our up and coming adventure and trip to Rebecca Farm!!

Here we come everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment