Sunday, October 6, 2013

The American Eventing Championships!


It was the first year the AEC's were moved closer to the west coast and located more central in Texas. 
It was quite the facility they found in Texas Rose. A first class facility with huge stalls, wonderful footing and true championship cross country courses. 
I was very happy we made the trip! Not only to compete at our championship, but to support the sport we all love! 
We live in a country that has a huge amount of land and therefore we have to drive. For a west coast competitor that comes with the territory.....so instead of complaining we jumped in head first! Much to our delight we had a great time and I couldn't have really asked for anything more. 
My horses were all fantastic and I am so happy to be sitting on some great horses right now. Sunsprite Syrius won the Open Training division and it was icing on the cake to be presented with my award by Kevin Baumgardner and Brian Sabo. 
London Calling OHF performed fantastically and I couldn't be more pleased with his progress. He came to my barn at the beginning of the year never have shown and now he is ready to move up to preliminary. He has won a handful of events, including Rebecca Farm and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he steps up to the challenge at Galway Downs. 
It's been a very busy year for NLE, we have travelled farther than we ever have before and been on the road a lot with some great successes. I'm thrilled to be this busy and so grateful for the team I have. 
I've said it before and I will say it again........my success is only because of the wonderful help and team I have. My success is because of my wonderful supporters and owners. We are like family and we all support each other 110%. It's the best feeling ever. My team at home of Kate Gillespie, MacKenna Shea, Katie Yozamp & Kendra Robison is the dream team and the barn runs like a well oiled machine because of each of them. 
I don't have an upper level horse at the moment as I made the decision to sell my advanced horse due to financial reasons and my 2* horse was injured and therefore it has sidelined my ability to be in the big ring. But the satisfaction I have received in riding and producing young talent has been an experience I have loved. I really have learned to understand that there is something about a partnership between a horse and rider. That ingredient is a must to be successful at the top. 
It has been a patience learning exercise, however I have developed relationships with each of the horses I ride and I couldn't be happier to be forming those partnerships. 
It is always difficult to watch your peers riding at the advanced level, but I just keep knowing that I will be back there soon!
So if your are wondering if the AEC's is worth the trip......the answer is YES!!!! 
The facility is top notch, the footing is superb, the organizing crew and everyone involved was very helpful and friendly, and best of all the prizes are incredible!!!!!! 
Now we are off to Woodside Horse Trials!! 
Hang on!

No comments:

Post a Comment